Thursday, August 29, 2013

Simple Chicken Salad-4 ingredients

I made this recipe for Grant’s first birthday party and since then four people already asked for the recipe via text message days after the party.  It is simple, delicious, and tastes great as a dip or sandwich filling!  The best part is you can honestly make a great low fat version too!

 

You will need:

 

Shredded or canned chicken

Knorr dry vegetable soup mix

Cream cheese

Sour cream or Greek yogurt

 

 

I had this chicken salad as a dip for one of our many work food days a couple of years ago.  My co-worker Kim brought it in as a dip and verbally told me the recipe back then.  I had made it a couple times right away and not since then so I wondered through the store thinking of what and how much she said before grabbing the above and leaving.   Here is what I used:

 

Canned chicken in water- 2 big cans and a little can (the big cans are 10-14oz while the little ones are 4-6oz) (can use tuna as well or 4 cups of shredded cooked chicken)

One packet of the Knorr brand dry vegetable soup mix

One block of 8oz cream cheese           (regular, light, no fat)

One plain Greek yogurt                       (or 1 cup sour cream)

 

Mix the yogurt and soup mix first, adding the softened cheese cream, and lightly drained chicken.  Refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.  If you don’t have the four hours, that is fine but note the dry veggies in the soup mix may not be completely softened.

 

Favorites things to do with this: eat it with plain pita chips, a toasted croissant, or stuffed in a fresh tomato.  Enjoy and I hope I did Kim’s recipe justice!


Holland 








No comments:

Post a Comment