Thursday, August 8, 2013

Baby product this verses that: Baby Aspirator

I guess in this case it is this verses that, that, or that.  Nasal aspirator addition.

I thought my kid was going to be perfectly healthy all the time since nothing happened his first sixteen weeks then came daycare.  I swear the first day he came home with a cold and runny nose.  This cold lasted mostly on but a few days off from November to March.  We tried several different kind of nasal aspirators to help my little one breathe but all we would get was one shot and/or instant crying fit just by seeing the aspirators.  

I googled and read many different solutions, with six nights in a row of sleeplessly sleeping on the nursery floor I broke down and got the thing I laughed at two weeks pre-baby.  The Nosefrida snotsucker.  Gross, right?! Nope-best 15 bucks I spent in the month of January and we started the month on a cruise ship!

Here is what you do- put the pen like thing by the kid's nose, place the connected tube in your mouth, and stuck in.  Don't worry, the pen and tube are long with a small filter in between just in case.  Snap apart, wash, and dry along side the bottles. 

Being a parent or anyone frequently around kids knows, gross things happen.  I can't imagine what the rest of winter would have looked like if I just got the Nosefrida sooner.  You can see the results, again gross but every time Grant would be able to breathe afterwards and sleep. It is so worth it. It will be in my baby basket of gifts to the new mommies in my life.  

Below are the four that we have (three of which we no longer use):

1: Nosefrida- favorite would spend double to get it again.
2: First years- this one is partly clear which shows you the results and allows me to see if it is clean
3: hospital generic give away-I couldn't tell if I got anything besides what was attached via a string upon removal or if it was clean.  Part of me thought that it was too long and maybe it just plain hurt him.
4: Graco's zoo baby care pack elephant nasal aspirator- I registered for this, the whole pack was cute with the fish fingernail clippers, hippo comb, and whale medicine dispenser.  Not worth it, any of it-some of which my be included as my bottom picks for other item comparisons too.  In regards to the elephant aspirator, it curved and was cute.  The bottom opened for a cleaning a plus until you squeezed it too much or too quickly the cap would open.  What a mess, not like a could do another sneak attack with a malfunction like that!


Thanks for stopping by, 
Holland 

No comments:

Post a Comment