Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Baby This Verses That: Infant Upright seat- Bumbo verses Summer Infant 3 Stage Super Seat

I find myself getting several different types of the same baby product to see what works for us.  I use the “Baby This Verses That” blog title to share what products I have personal experience with and the details on each.  There are no sponsored products in any of my posts unless noted. 

I received both the Bumbo Infant seat (pre-safety recall and seat belt requirement) and the Summer Infant 3 Stage Super Seat.  We used them both but Grant loved one way longer than the other.



Bumbo chair: Cost $40 and the tray is $15 extra.  It comes in many cute colors and now even has fabric covers.  The seat held my little one upright and we started using it around 8 weeks.  Grant would sit on the counter next to me while I chopped up something for dinner (and was never left unattended).  Sorry to say we used the tray once or twice, it was very hard to get on and off since the top fits onto the part between the legs and the button then snaps  under the front of the seat after the child is already in it.  When Grant would want out, it was more difficult to remove while I was being screamed at.  At six months right when we started food everyday, Grant would not sit still in it unless there was a spoonful going in his mouth.  After I saw him wiggle his way nearly out of it, it was retired. The bumbo with a blanket over the top made a great photo prop for the first couple of months to get a different angle than lying down.  It was good to use in the rotation of baby entertainers for those 4 months but my other seat was the clear winner at our house. 

Summer Infant 3 Stage Super Seat: $40-$50. I had never seen this seat, nor did I register for it.  It is one of the best "surprises" I received as a baby gift from the hubby's aunt and cousin.  I have recommended this seat to all the new mommies in my life.  This seat is very multi-purpose, it is like a bumbo, play chair, highchair, and boaster chair in one.  There is now a girl themed one with purple that is adorable too!  The seat comes with a base that you strap to a chair and has a seat belt that becomes a boaster.  There is an insert (bright orange in our version) that is a soft and flexible.  It is like a bumbo to cradle a younger infant and is easily removed once the more room is needed.  Since we have taken this liner out, I loaned it to our neighbor to use in the bath to help her little one sit upright.  The insert does not go up as far between the legs that gives bigger babies more room for their cute cubby thighs unlike the bumbo.  

The third part of the seat is the 360 tray with four toys and a empty flat section with two removable cups for snacks.  The tray slides all the way around, removes easy, and the food tray piece slides on and off.  The two taller toys allowed me to connect them with links for more things to play with. 

We had a lot of good times in this seat as you can see below.  The seat is still being used at 13 months and I would highly suggest this for the grandparents house to use instead of buying multiple items. 


The Summer Infant Seat is our clear winner even though Grant is cute in both!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment