Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grant’s First Birthday Party Wrap up

The first birthday party has come and gone, I  have also just finished his thank you cards!  His party was low key with the décor but full of people (about 50!)  Our Grant is truly loved!  We grilled a couple of pork loins paired with chips, salads, dips, and fruit topped off with cake and ice cream. 

 

I had fun displaying his photos in the shape of a “1” and made a collage of the other photos I had not put up in frames yet.  I also printed one of every monthly photo to display in order so you could watch him grow.  I chose not to do a theme since he would not recognize the characters anyway so I matched the colors of his nursery: lime green, bright blue and orange.  Last Halloween I got some clearance orange plates and cups that matched want I needed perfectly.  I only had to purchase a couple blue and green decoration items and was all set.  We set up tables in the garage for extra room for people to eat. 

 

We stripped Grant down for the cake smashing but the rest of the day he wore a solid green shirt from Baby Gap and blue shorts from Babies R Us.  It took me forever to find solid plain clothes for the celebration.  We have several photos in stripes and plaid already that I wanted something different.  For boys, cute clothes without animals, words, or numbers are so hard to find-Baby Gap is always a solution!

 

I made two gum ball like candy holders from a photo I found on Pinterest and found matching gumballs.  Our local Staples made me three banners to hang saying “Grant is ONE!!” and “Happy 1st Birthday Grant!” for $1.70 each.  One made the perfect backdrop for some photos.    We got a couple balloons from the party store (not that they lasted long and had to be taped to the wall) and called it a party. 

 

I found so many cute ideas for parties that I already started a Pinterest board for next year.  I am already set on a truck theme with dump truck dumping dirt and rock like candy down the side of the cake! 

 

Here are some of the photos from the day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment