Friday, August 2, 2013

Five on Friday

Linking up once again and sharing five things I am thinking about right now....1:12 am Friday August 2nd.  


1) 10 years. It has been ten years since I have seen and talked to my dad.  Three weeks into being 20 years old, my 45 years old father passed away.  The day before he suffered a brain anuersum, I was living in Florida doing my Disney college internship as a typical no worries University of Iowa college freshman.   I deleted  his voicemail of him half way singing Happy Birthday to me from two weeks earlier not knowing I could never get that back.  I tried, my little sister Lauren had her 15th birthday while he spent days in the ICU before passing away and I spent hours on the phone with Verizon support trying to get that back to share with her that day with no luck.  To this day I have a hard time deleting voicemails from loved ones for this reason- I have a great one from my husband from 2009 that I listen to every 21 days as it gets saved from expiring.  

I need to start a memory book of childhood memories before they fade even more.  My little brother was barely four when it happened so it would be especially good for him to read some of the stories as well as his first grandson. For now, I miss him so much but know that he would be so proud of the women his four daughters turned out to be!

Photo from my baby sister was a baby before my little brother...I am wearing the red stripes.

Happy Birthday Lauren, I know the week always ends in a little heartache but we'll get through one day at a time.

2) My Pinterest desserts finds: in a few hours the 100 miles of garage sales in Iowa is making its annual  occurrence at my house.  For the past couple of hours I have been baking, boy did I miss baking.  It's been over a year since I have just had the time to bake several things at once.  I found several things on my boards that I made tonight: doctored rice crispies bars, cheesecake brownies, cake mix bars, cookies, and cereal bars.  I have packaged them to sell but I really enjoyed myself as Grant was entertained by others for a while (or in bed as I just now pulled out the last pan) -it has been way too long.  

3) Grant's vocabulary.  For his first birthday he got a couple books that make animal sounds or say small words.  It was so cute spying on Grant playing alone in his room with the book.  He would push the button and try to repeat the word.  He sometimes says car after words he does
not repeat yet, like flower, but he got apple, duck, car, and ball right over and over again.

4) I found these mini people silverware sets at pottery barn kids.  Here is the link to the Halloween ones but you will get the picture.  Grant isn't eating with his own silverware just yet but I was sold on their cuteness right away.  When I checked out the lady told me that she and her co-worker use them in their lunch boxes! They a strong and shorter version of real flatware, needless to say this momma has adopted them as her own.  For kids or adults, I would highly recommend!

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/halloween-utensils-2013/?pkey=e%7CSilverware%7C9%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-



5). Photos organized check!  Last week while on my work trip I had some extra time being away from my family. I used the time to organize Grant's photos that I have uploaded into groups by month taken.  In my shutterfly account, I labeled each album 2013 07 July and sorted the photos into it.  I really want to keep up on a yearly printed book and a cute holiday calendar for the Grands so this will be a major time saver later.  Now onto pre-baby photos!


Thanks for stopping by,  Holland  (2:01 am central time 8/2/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment