Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Vodka soaked Gummy Bears

My sister Candice told me about this:  Vodka soaked Gummy Bears!  Sounds great right? Here’s how to do it:

 

Clean empty jar (I used a pickle jar)

 

Your favorite gummy bears, or any gummy item would probably work (I used two packages but I would double for a party)

 

Fill the jar with the gummies then pour the vodka to the top of the gummies so they can soak.

 

Close, shake, and refrigerate.   

 

Repeat shaking when you are near the fridge or a couple times a day until liquid is (or the gummies) are gone.

 

Wait at least over night or up to a several days (mine soaked for four days)

 

Enjoy!

 

It is that easy!

 

A couple tips: 

·         My sister said that she had them once where they didn’t soak long enough and they were hard in the middle.  Lesson-plan ahead and let them soak at least over night (it’s worth the wait)

·         You can use flavored vodka or put in a packet of crystal light flavoring for something extra (I used the lemonade flavor)

·         You may need a spoon to eat them or a couple of baby wipes

·         Be careful, they are strong!  My husband was not sure what to expect and the kick sure surprised him- guess it wouldn’t have been that bad if I didn’t just say “here try this.” 

 

Feel free to share any comments on variation you have seen or tried! 




 

Thanks for stopping by, 

Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment