Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday

I am linking up with the girls for Five on Friday once again...Happy Friday to all and here we go:


1) Locks on bedroom doors. This is not for the reason you think:) I am ever so thankful to have spent my small bonus on house cleaning every other week for five Fridays.  I choose a limited amount of the house just mainly the living room, bathroom, and kitchen to have cleaned and it is surprising how stressful the night before is.  I feel I have to pick up the house before they clean...I just don't want them to pick up and clean around all the crap lying around.  So the spare bedroom has become a dumping spot for the things I give up on finding the true home when I run out of time.  I lock the door so no one will bother getting in...I wonder what they think is in that room!?

2) Staying strong with limiting Grant's gifts.  This is so hard, there are so many cute things that I think my 16 month old needs.   Walmart is having the Leapad2 for $40 starting at 8 am and I am holding firm on not breaking down and storing this for a year or two before he "needs" it.   I got Grant five things and know that 6 Aunts, 3 uncles, godparents, and his grandparents all have plans on getting him things too.  We. Just. Don't. Need. Anything.  (Repeating with every holiday ad, commercial, and car route past stores- too bad my office window looks at the mall...)

3) Thanksgiving food.  I am excited for Thanksgiving for the food.  Two years ago we were prego but not sharing yet and the repeated morning sickness before, during, and after 10 straight weeks of holiday food was not pleasant.  Last year we decided to split our holiday and have Thanksgiving dinner with my mom and 14 year old brother.  It was going to be great not having to travel until Greg and I got the flu to compete with Grant's horrible cold with sleepless nights.  Hopefully, nothing will get in the way this year!

4) Buying extra hats.  It is amazing how little boy hats disappear.  I thought I had enough but was so glad a friend mentioned keeping a bunch around was for the best.  Grant has six hats running around here somewhere and on our coldest day yet, only the smallest one could be found.  It will do for today but when I get home, I will be making a basket for his winter accessories! 

5) Warm blankets.  This time of year I throw a couple of blankets over the couch and chair to be at arms length when you need them.  I am finding out they are great for little boy tugging games and a quick fort too...


Thanks for stopping by

Holland


2 comments:

  1. I too love the comforters and extra blankets to snuggle under...fort or no fort - HEE HEE! I am following you from Five on Friday - stop by and check out my blog if you have time at http://www.annstersdomain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete