Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Goeser Family 2013 Christmas Card

Thanks to the variety of cuteness on Pineterst, I had such a difficult time figuring out what I want to do as our 2013 Christmas card.  Last year we featured the sleepy Santa baby with this photo:



It was a hit and still one of my favorite photos from last year.  This year proved to be more difficult in getting our little man to stay in one place, look cute, and have a cute setting or backdrop.   I like to take my own Christmas card photo so I can print them wherever has the best deal.  This year I received to $20 off your Shutterfly card order with a separate code for free shipping, combined with the 40% off over the weekend made my 50 cards $7.19!  I don't really need 50 but I had around 38 listed so 50 gave me some extra.

In the end, I figured putting Grant in the tikes Coupe Car that he loves would get some good photos.  Another Pinterest Christmas card photo idea pin had one that inspired our card.  I really wanted to get these ordered over the weekend so when helping me neighbor unpack her tree, I grabbed the top portion and gave it a go.  

The small snow cover was perfect but the extreme cold was not.  The poor thing had on so many layers but continuously pulled hats off.  The neighbor girls were running in and out of the photo then their dog.  It was a two quick 3-5 minute sessions followed by diaper changes, tears, and screaming.  I couldn't get a thing with shadows, girls, a dog, a dripping nose, and an upset toddler.  The only photo I got a smile is the one were he is standing sideways smiling at the girls.  Out of 35 shots these three were the winners.  I hate the shadow across Grants face on the bigger picture but 2 hours of Photoshop trying, it wasn't getting any better!

I am happy with the end result, anyone would be if they saw those 10 minutes snapping photos!  The price couldn't be better and they ship today!   






No comments:

Post a Comment