Friday, November 29, 2013

Five on Friday Thankful Addition

Happy Friday/Post Turkey Day/ Black Friday/ Holiday Season/and anything else I missed. . .



I see a lot of people did the listing of things their thankful for on Facebook one day at a time and here are just five of mine:

1) kiddos.  Holidays are a ton of fun with little ones around too but I mean having them and expecting them.  This past week one bestie had a baby boy and another shared her pregnacy news...it reminds me of how truly blessed we are to have them and love on the kiddos in our lives.  Most of us know at least one person that struggles with this and my heart goes out to them!

2) food.  I stumbled on the Scary Mommy Nation where you can apply to have assistance for your Thanksgiving meal or donate...reading those stories made me tear up. I am thankful that my family's biggest food delmia was which dessert to try first.  It is something I take for granted at times.



3) family. I love the calls, texts, and email planning for meeting up with family, what to bring, and what everyone is doing.  I love watching Grant play with everyone and when he is the center of attention (he is the youngest at the moment but Greg's side is having four new ones by the 2014 holidays so this is Grants year!)

4) time with friends.  Last week I was thinking that I never hear from or hear back from a good friend.  She works different hours and participates  in a lot of evening activities.  We traveled back to our hometown for Thanksgiving and went to the local bar for their famous Wednesday night tacos pre Thanksgiving.  Since no one really wants to cook the night before, this place is packed.  You share long tables with people who you vaguely remember their names and the food is great.  My friend, her husband, and parents were there!  We sat and talked for a couple hours and gave Grant to his grands then headed over to their house for board games.  We played a couple of different games and had a horrible loosing streak of guys verses girls Sequence losing 10/11 games bit had the best time (until 130am...)

5) having ways to avoid in person Black Friday shopping. The hubs and I passed by a Walmart on the way home and decided to stop in and see what they had at 630pm last night.  Parking was full into the field next door but we found a good space.  We walked in and there were no carts and lines further than we could see.  We did a look around the toy section and circled back out the door. It was madness!!!  I thankfully utilized the internet for Target, Walmart, HomeDepot, and Best Buy shopping either on Wednesday or between 130am and 3am on Thanksgiving morning (I was still up from meeting up with friends mentioned in number four!) My shopping hours may just be the early hours on Thanksgiving from now on...I got almost everything that I wanted plus  for few extra things I saw last minute!





Thanks for stopping,

Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment