Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday


Happy Friday and Happy November to all!!!
Returning after a much needed break to focus on other stuff for five on Friday...

1) Hiring it out...I got a couple hundred dollar bonus at work and decided to really treat myself- I hired a cleaning lady to clean my bathrooms, kitchen, and mop the hard floors!  It is only once every other week for five times (up through Christmas) but it was wonderful coming home to a mostly clean house.  I opted to stretch my money the furthest and only having the main floor done with no bedrooms to score two extra times.  They came last Friday and I have had a much better week keeping up with it all.  It is not in the budget to go past the five times unless I find a couple other things to cut but will enjoy it as long as I can.


2) Walmart baby clothes finds.  Any one else love dressing their kids up for holidays but after the first year have trouble finding them?  I have been on the hunt for cheaper non pj holiday clothes  for Grant but it is hard to find for a 15 month boy.   I have loved Walmarts faded glory onesies for $3.25 but had a hard time finding ones that are 12, 18 or 24 months.  All of the Thanksgiving wear says "my first" until visited a Walmart in Omaha and found two!  If you haven't seen their collections,  it varies by store but it is worth a look.   I scored two sets of 3t pjs for next year(s) for $6 each too... When we visit for thanksgiving I will be stopping to see what they have for Christmas.


3) Despite having a 102 fever earlier yesterday, Halloween was a hit.  It is going to be so much fun seeing holidays through Grant's eyes.  This is the first holiday that he is starting to understand there is something special going on and he is catching on too....while trick or treating being offered a basket with candy to select one- he grabbed the handle of the basket, that's our boy!



4) Yesterday marked one year of Grant going to daycare.  I can't believe that 15 week old turned into my 15 month old but I am glad he goes where he does.  During the week, they see him awake more than I do and sometimes that is hard but hearing at least three people welcome him personally and 2-5 tell him goodbye everyday warms my heart.  For those of you that care for our little ones, you are wonderful and I can't say how grateful I am (but will try with some gifts and food!)

5) Photos marked for some day.  Ok, no judgment please- these are hilarious.  My older sister got married two weekends ago and while unwrapping gifts at their house Grant found something new to play with....a twelve pack.  He enjoyed picking the cans up, throwing new things in the box, and at the end even tried to drink out of a closed can.  My baby sister sat there with her iPhone snapping photos as we giggled then posted the below.  It is nothing to frame or attach to the baby book but I am sure it will come out at his 21st or wedding day sometime in the future:


Have a great restful weekend, especially those that get to "fall back" with me on Sunday!

Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment