Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday

Thankfully the week went fast and it's that time again....

1) It's a long weekend!  I can't believe that it is Labor Day but love that it is here.  We have plans to go to Adventureland on Monday which the closest thing Iowa has to Disney, Six Flags, or Universal- and it's not close to any of those but it works for a thirteen month old.  It has a couple of rides that Grant can do by himself and we will visit their waterpark.  He has grown up so much since his first time last year...



2) Buried treasure....I was looking for something in that box your parents drop at your door when you get a house - you know the one(s) right?  I had put them in the basement and when I was looking I found this....


It was in a card for my first Easter, this message and the fact my dad actually signed this one himself made it very special.  We lost him 10 years ago and I realize that I don't have much that is in his own handwriting. 

3) Esty and early Christmas shopping.  I shopped on Esty for the first time (loved it) and purchased Grants first Christmas present- a personalized wooden puzzle with his first and middle name.  It should be here in two weeks and it will be super hard not to give it to him right away....Must. Be. Strong.

4)  Laughing at your little one. It is super hard to keep a straight face when trying to discipline a 13 month old when what there are doing is hilarious, yes my kid ate some dirt out of a houseplant and was caught playing with his bath toy the toilet.  Purchasing more baby proofing items next time I visit the store hit the top of my to-do list.  

5) After being in my new office for three months, I found out on Wednesday that the 2nd floor has vending machines.  Yeah, I obviously didn't get a tour of the building just my corner of the sixth floor.  When I asked for more information, my co-worker then said "but you know about the gym on the 3rd floor right?"  No I did not. Within 40 minutes, I had a key to the free workout room and I get to try it out over lunch today!

2 comments: