Friday, August 23, 2013

Five on Friday

I started yesterday thinking it was Wednesday but to my surprise it was Thursday, meaning today is FRIDAY!  Super excited for a stay around home for the weekend.

I am making the Five on Friday a weekly thing and linking up with the girls. Here are my five:

1)  Learning something new:  last week while checking out some of my fellow "Five on Friday"-ers posts'.  One mentioned that she researched and found out how to make her blog her own and get away from the normal blog templates.  I did some googleing and spend a couple hours cursing at my computer but I love the results.  I was able to do some formatting, a background change, the intro photo with name, and a personalized about me section with a bigger photo.  I think it has turned out pretty nice! 

2) Where's the beef...I will tell you, in my freezer!  We purchased a half of a beef (800 lbs. ~450 lbs net) from a farmer who helps his grandson raise 4-H show cows and it is a win-win.  We support a local farmer, butcher, 4-H projects for a young teen, get great grass feed/shot free meat at a great price.  I don't know if we would have room for anything else in our freezers!  We have over 80lbs of ground beef, please feel free to point me in the direction of your favorite recipes to use some of that up.  It was just over $1000 which hit the checkbook hard but my trips to the store won't include any beef purchases.

3) Grant and I signed up for the next class of water babies at the YMCA.  It was $35 for five forty minute sessions and I am super excited to start the Wednesday after Labor Day.  I have been looking for some fun things to do with Grant and bonus the hubby can join in for free too!

4)  I am excited for fall but so sad that the summer activities are coming to a close.  The waterpark and local pools are shutting down, schools are starting, and this Sunday we are going to one of the last Iowa Cubs baseball games.  I haven't even made it to a farmer's market yet this summer.  I need to (quickly) fit in some of the last summer activities before diving into fall.

No more of this...



5) Restaurant week in Des Moines!  If you have never heard of Restaurant week here is the scoop, major cities host an extended week event  offering great prices on pre-fix three course meals (some have lunch specials too.) In Des Moines, the meals are $25 per person and you get a starter, main course, and a dessert.  I let my hubby know yesterday he is taking me to Fleming's Steakhouse tonight at 6:15.  I thought about getting a sitter (aka hoping nana was available) to watch Grant but the lady taking the reservation said kids are fine.  We have only been to Fleming's once-for our first wedding anniversary and spend $130 for two steaks, a side of mashed potatoes, one beer, and a tomato salad.  I am super excited for our little family date night in 11ish hours without the huge price tag.  If it is no much food, its early enough to stop for Frozen Yogurt before the little one gets to crabby.

BONUS:  Through the five on Friday link up, my page has officially over 1,000 views-for a small time blogger like me, I am tickled!  It's now over1200 but I saw it right at 1,000!



Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Holland

1 comment:

  1. Love #1, it's always good to learn something new :)

    xx
    Megan
    IG: megawat
    http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete