Friday, July 5, 2013

It's July!

Bad blogger, it's July and this is a crazy month...here are my top things of this month:

1) This one is a big one.  My baby turns one! Gasp.  I don't know how that happened but it is 12 days away!  One minute you have this newborn and the next a small boy, plain crazy.  I see other babies and I think  if I can remember what is was like to have him that little. (I have revisited a lot of my iPad videos just confirm it.)

2). 3.0. Yep I turned thirty.   It's only five days in so I might have to relive this topic later.  It didn't feel to bad, although I liked the term twentysomething.  Two nights before hubs took me to a fresh seafood place where I splurged with the two lbs of king crab legs.  Damn they were good, not too much-I shared but couldn't help asking for a picture of me holding two of them up.  :) (to be added later once I upload some photos)

3) A FIRST birthday party.  We invited a lot for the first one.  I am decorating with the same colors as his nursery: bright blue, orange, and lime green.  It is next weekend, guess I should get a cake?  I bet it will be super fun then followed by a big nap.  I cant wait to see what he will do with a smash cake.

4) Remodel blues. I was in my last semester of college two hours away when the hubs built this house in 2005. Not being married or engaged at the time, I did not have a say in anything.  The top floor of our house was painted two types of beige- I failed to notice there was a difference in the colors at all until I tried to touch up a couple spots two years back.  A friend and I painted our master bathroom green and I wanted more.  Having a one colored living room is so boring and with the party coming up I want something to look more different.  I bought the paint, photos to share later but chocolate and brighter blue will be making an appearance.

5) Organizing/cleaning, I need to be better.  With a lot of people coming over, this will be a must.   I keep thinking if I had what I wanted, I could just get rid of the rest then less clutter and less cleaning.  Right, new pan set and I can get rid of the two starter sets the hubs and I merged.  Or making that dryer top ironing board (pinterest) then I can get rid of the big one.  It plays out in my head what I want to do, getting there is a whole another story, do I really need a shoe shine kit?

More to come on it all!

As always thanks for stoping by....  Holland


Just look at my little boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment