Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

TRAVEL

I love traveling and seeing new things.  It means more to me than a closet full of shoes, the latest iPhone, the sports network, or lots of eating out.  I have seen such a small corner of the world and I want to see more.  There is so much to see both close and far, for whatever price range you wish.  I grew up 7 miles from a Danish Windmill, actually imported from Denmark (and I am Danish!) but can only remember going there once.  I have a goal of getting out and about more often, like touring the state capitol building that I have lived 20 miles away from for the past 8 years

I have gotten so many travel memories and stories (no judgment) that I would not trade for anything:

  honeymooning European cruise
  trying to navigate the train system in Africa
  two week girlfriends get away
  school trip through Japan
  falling asleep on a train nearly getting lost in Ireland
  cave tubing in Belize
  hitch-hiking a ride with bikers in
  getting kicked off of the subway in London
  stealing a pint glass from a bar in Ireland
  watching the 2006 Olympics from a hotel room in the Bahamas during Hurricane Charley
  getting lost in Disneyland Tokyo
  watching my Iowa Hawkeyes from the op deck of a cruise ship floating in the Caribbean

I am itching to plan something new just thinking about these memories, where to go next?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment