Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 7: The thing(s) you're most afraid of

Day 7: The thing(s) you're most afraid of....

My dad was an auto mechanic and growing up we spent a lot of time on the side of the road.  He felt the need to fix any cheap vehicle that would come his way and sometimes they needed further adjusting in some random parking lot or on the side of the road.  Since his passing 10 years ago this upcoming summer, I have been afraid to be left alone-stranded on the side of the road without a working car.  This fear goes a little deeper to what caused my being on the road in the first place.  Since my dad was a mechanic, my three sisters and I got the car talks as well..."don't forgot to change the oil-you don't want not having any to burn up your engine" or "watch the temperature gauge, you don't want to blow the engine."  Although I better fully understand what each of those phrases mean today, I couldn't help but picture huge flames burning the engine or one of those stunt car movies while the whole car blew up for years.  Having a cell phone and my first new car (already 2 years old), decreased this fear but driving around a little baby has increased it!



Piece of cuteness for you to enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment