Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 10: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.

Day 10: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.

Oh, I have plenty!

I have one that was so embarrassing at the moment I swore I would quit the 3rd grade and I barely tell anyone about 20 years later.  Think back and remember your first crush, mine was a blond hair blue eyed future football player son of a doctor.  I went as far as craving his name in my dresser (sorry parents) and sadly I never was the best speller, I spelled it wrong and it came out Brain instead of Brian.

Anyway, in third grade those standardized test appear for a week which are named after my home state- Iowa test of basic skills (sorry everyone.)  My crush sat a seat or two in front of me and after my first round I filled in the blanks and passed my answers forward when required. We were told to fill the basic information prior to starting the testing period and one of the questions I had never seen before so I marked an answer and never asked about it.  I after passed my form forward, it stopped with Brian and he raised his.  When he was called on he said, "Mrs. P. Holland put she is a male!"  The whole class roared in laughter and I had no idea why.  I could have died but I just had to sit there.

Now my rant, how in the hell was I suppose to know what male or female was at that age?! So formal for names, what happened to boy or girl at that age.  My little one will be getting that lesson sooner than later-prior to any stupid standardize tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment