Friday, September 6, 2013

Blogtember Day Four

Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.

A time when I was afraid:  I lived in a big old country house growing up, sometime around age 14-16 I lit one of my girle perfumed candles in a warmer and fell asleep.  When I woke up the candle flames were burning tall around the outside of the tart warmer and there was lots of black smoke coming off of the warmer (not necessarily filling the room but it was a big deal at the moment.) I tried to blow it out but it was getting out of control so I grabbed an empty candy tin, put it over the top, and closed the lid.  Not too smart of a reaction as I sprayed melted wax everywhere and now was holding a super hot piece of metal so I ran into the bathroom; not to throw it in the sink, bath tub, or even the toilet but out the door which led to the metal patio roof.  

It was super scary trying to figure out how to put a fire out before it got out of hand.  To make matters worse, the collectors tin was ruined and sitting on a metal sloping roof.  A couple weeks later, I decided it was a good time to collect it off the roof.  While talking on a chordless phone, I stepped out on the wet metal roof, fell on my ass, and slid right past that stupid tin to the ground. It was only one story and honestly I don't remember getting hurt; what I remember was retrieving the phone and telling the person that I just fell off the roof - nothing else.   I guess that moment wasn't as scary as nearly burning my house down with a stupid candle.  Guess who doesn't burn candles at her house, yeah ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment