Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Cheer in the Blogoshere: O Christmas Tree

 


I am a little late joining this link up for showing off our 2013 Christmas but I am pretty proud of it.   Normally our tree is covered with black,  silver, and white ornaments but then I thought of our toddler throwing those breakable ornaments like toys.   

I had to find something that was toddler friendly and the word "shatterproof" spoke to me during my trip to Hobby Lobby.  I decided that I could spend no more than $15 to refresh our toddler safe 2013 since we already had so much nice (but very breakable) Christmas ornaments already. 

I after circling each of the Christmas aisles three times I picked out a bright blue/greenish hue to add to my silver.  I spent $4 for a new base sheet cover, $5 on ribbon to make the bow the spiral down the tree, and $6 on two boxes of mini Christmas bulbs with 18 bulbs each.

I was pretty proud of myself:


I laugh at my improve skills in trying to find something to lift the tree higher off the ground, what do you think?


Yep, those are full diaper boxes, taped together, and then the tree base taped to it too.  It isn't going anywhere on my watch!  It works for me and after Christmas I may talk myself into a clearance taller tree.


Thanks for stopping by, Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment