Sunday, December 23, 2012

Party....baby's room....3am

My little Mr. is a good night sleeper-most of the time...Last night he fell asleep while getting some auntie cuddles in around 7pm. Against my better judgement I followed along and let him be, without our bedtime routine/last call bottle/final diaper check/story. I continued to have fun my siblings and great friend playing games and picking up until 11pm, just as I closed the dishwasher door-crying. I was optimistic, simple feeding then he'll go back down...

I struggled until 1230am then retreated to my bed where the hubby had been sleeping for hours. 130am was a second wake up call and I tried nearly everything including 10 minutes of monitored crying with my hand on his chest not picking him back up which only woke the hubby. I left my husband to try and crawled back into my bed for a 30 minute cap nap while Greg tried to calm him.

By 3am my little family if three was still hanging out in the nursery, full lights on with a happy (unless you put him anywhere near a lying down position) five month old. We read books, laughed, emailed video clips to grandma and Aunt Chrystal stationed in Quatar, and rocked. I googled nursery rhythms to sing and paced the room. Needles to say, not much sleep was had and I ended up sleeping in a make shift bed on the nursery floor next to a baby in only a diaper from 5 am to 730 am.

I remember walking past that onesie in the store that said "party, my room, 3am" - I was laughing then....it's not quite what I imagined-living it now. I am super lucky most nights but 3am was never and will never be the highlight of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment